The 96th Federation of Uganda Football Associations (FUFA) AGM was successfully hosted at Silver Springs Hotel in Bugolobi, Kampala Region on Saturday, October 17, 2020.
This ordinary Assembly is in pursuant to the FUFA Statutes Article (27) that calls for this meeting, held since 1924 when FUFA was founded.
The FUFA President Moses Magogo, chaired the AGM that brings together the 34 members of the federation.
73 of the expected 88 delegates attended the 4 and half hours’ deliberations.
“We held a tranquil assembly which is held annually as mandated by the FUFA Statures. We had a couple of amendments in the constitution like it has been over the years. This assembly also endorsed the annual activity calendar, budget and passed the appointment of committees, among other things” Magogo stated.
Former FUFA President John Baptist Ssemanobe, Katamba Ojuku Eugene (First Chairman FUFA Women football standing committee) and Kabugo Charles Kakunta (former member of Makindye DFA) were recognized with beautiful plaques and Shs. 1,000,000 each.
The activity report from the previous year was also passed as well as the budget for the upcoming season that totals up to 36,095,753,881 for the financial year 2021.
This budget is an increment by UGX 3.646,443,239 Billion shillings from the previous financial year.
Also, the FUFA Judicial bodies and electoral committee were approved for the Assembly.
The FUFA Judicial bodies:
Fed Committee: Dr. Azar Taib (Chairperson), Yusuf Kaggwa (Vice Chairperson)
FUFA Competitions Disciplinary Panel: Deo Mutabazi (Chairperson), Robert Serunjogi (Vice Chairperson), George Kabwimukya (Member)
FUFA Investigations Chamber: Musa Kabega (Chairperson), Husdon Katumba (Vice Chairperson), Hussein Lwebambawo (Member), Dirisa Kasalirwe (Member)
FUFA Dispute Resolution Chamber: Peter Emojong (Chairperson), Andrew Lule (Vice Chairperson), Dan Obote (Member), Norbert Kazibwe (Member), Harriet Nattabi (Member)
FUFA Appeals Committee: Diana Nabuuso (Chairperson), Mohammed Nuru (Vice Chairperson), Sabiti Muwanga (Member), Livingstone Lajan (Member), Mark Namanya (Member)
*Amin Bbosa moved the motion to approve the members
*Steven Ssemutono and Joseph Mwanje seconded
FUFA Electoral Committee (2020-2024):
Mathias Bwiire (Chairperson), Rita Aliguma (Member), Joram Katende (Member), Dennis Ojwee (Member), Richard Mpaaka (Member)
Substitutes: Moses Odong, Oscar Ngobi, Richard Barigye
FUFA Appeals Electoral Committee: Yusuf Sulaiman Awuye (Chairperson), Stanely Kinene (Member), Favour Naima Anguko (Member)
Substitutes: Canon Edward Nsamba (Member), Mike Okwi (Member)
*Motion of approval was passed by Anthony Tumwesigye
*Seconded by Angelo Lonyesi and Jamal Ngobi
Profiles of Personalities recognized:
1 – John Baptist Ssemanobe
- He was a fine left winger who played for Nsambya Sports Club
- Former Uganda Cranes player in the 70s
- His great asset was ball control, dribbling and passing. He was an expert at free-kicks, a firm believer in exposure of natural talent.
- Coached Nsambya Sports Club
- Served as FUFA President from 1989 – 1992
2. Mr. Eugene Katamba ‘Ojuku:
- Born 14th June 1952
- External Telecommunication in 1973
- Owned and played for Wandegeya FC, Old Kampala SS in the 1970s
- Formed a football club called Zozo FC within Old Kampala SS.
- Founding Chairman and Member of Uganda Youth Football Association in 2005
- Co-founder of Women football in Uganda.
- First Chairman FUFA Women football Standing Committee, appointed on 1st October 1995.
- Delegate for Kampala in the first elective FUFA Assembly of 14 Delegates in 1994.
- Founder of uplifting Kampala Divisions to District Football status
- Co- founder of Friends Of Football
- Served as a CAF Commissioner
3. Mr.Charles Kabugo Kakunta
- Born 18th August 1950
- Played for Nsambya SC but his last active football match on 24th December 1974 after suffering a nasty injury.
- Served as member of Kampala Zone 9
- Served as Secretary Nsambya Sports Club
- He helped process Denis Onyango’s first football License
- Served as a member of Makindye DFA,
- Co-founder Kansanga Sports club in 1988
- Founder Kansnga Half London in 2002
- Served under the leadership of many FUFA Presidents including Mzee Kezekia Segwanga Musisi (RIP), Sebaana Kizito (RIP), Denis Obua (RIP) and John Baptist Semanobe.